Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Changing the wiper motor


A marking from the factory...


The motor crumbled like a dry cookie.



Mother's works great on the aluminium hinges.


Hooked up the brake lights


This is what was in the oil after the second oil change.


I've put the spare thermostat in vinegar for several days...


... and tested it with a heat gun.


It is installed now.


Although I have drained the tank, some dirt is coming up...


... and messed up the fuel pump. I even found metal shaving in it !?





This is why I use Ligarex to hold the hose to the carb. That's how a DS turns into a pile of ash.


I relocated the new fuel pump before the pump.


Due to a leak, I've removed the HP pump. The spare one is also leaking at the same place, between the face and the body.





Reset the steering wheel and zero point. Needs to be double check while driving.


Not much left to do :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment