Monday, April 12, 2010

The rear fender fastener needed some TLC...


... I've welded a 12mm nut and the screw can be replaced with a polish stainless steel one at a later date. The washer is for an oil drain plug.


I still have problems with sticky valves. Actually it was getting worse. I think the new oil flushed the engine and got the varnish and sludge loose which made the valves sticky again. This is the oil after 1 or 2 hrs running:


The inside of the rocker cover had a very sticky varnish. I cleaned it up, replaced the oil and added Marvel Mystery oil. The car needs to be driven and the oil needs to be changed until all contaminants are flushed out.


I've discovered this... So bizarre, I did not notice this before. I have a spare one on the donor car.

No comments:

Post a Comment