Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brakes, accumulator, shifter, etc...

Received my rebuilt spheres from David Cossit-Levy.

The accumulator bracket is cracked. I've used the one from the part car.


The sphere was tested by David and it is OK. It is 20 years old though...


I've put 20 gal of fresh high octane fuel in the tank. I am using a vacuum pump to test the line and for leaks; also to prime the pump.


Changed the fuel line and added a G2. I use Ligarex to secure the inlet.

Installing the parking brakes using a Wisegrip and a valve spring compressor. The pads are set at .1 mm.


I've used a level to record the leveling of the gear box and align the shifter accordingly.


I swapped the pump; the pump on the car was making a strange noise. I am picking up new belts this morning. The belts were wrong and not paired.


Some traces of burn oil on the plugs, but we'll see when we start the engine. I have put some WD40 in the cylinders to free up the rings. Today I'll put some motor oil to lubricate them before starting the engine.


They cleaned up well.


My car likes to watch :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment