Friday, March 19, 2010

Exhaust (Part2)...

Set back this morning... Major coolant leak. Also, when I have started the engine, I hurt a crack. The engine is smoking and the tappets are noisy, I am wondering if there are some sticky valves. This car has to be driven.
Looks like the front suspension problem is due to the height corrector. The car does go down now and is very lazy on the front. The back works quickly and nicely.


I had to remove the alternator. Rusted through pin hole on the lower water hose.



Back on the exhaust. The metal thickness does not look original. I'll be welding an extension...




Then, the seem at the 2 in one collector came apart. I welded shut.


Bought some silentblocks (Reference 35144) for the exhaust and fabricated a bracket to match the other side.


There were another leak on the top on the 2 in 1 which I could not weld. I patched it up with an epoxy patch and 2 clamps.


The new bracket in place.

Finished and quiet.



No comments:

Post a Comment