Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Electrical etc...

The ignition switch was bad. A replacement unit is $425 at Western Hemisphere. The owner and I have opted to a $16 universal replacement part.

Some relays did not do anything. I used one of them to reverse the polarity going to the starter relay.

On a D (Except for late models) the starter switch sends the ground to the starter relay. Since this switch is universal, it sends the +. The + is going to one of these green relay which in turn sends the ground to the starter relay located on the top of the battery.

I have put together the proper amount and size shims in the dampers; all spheres are now in place.

The electrical system is a real disaster. I am in the process of making new wires using a schematic.



The oil pressure sending unit gave me a lot of trouble. First i made a new wire going to the dash and then the sending unit turned out to be bad. This is an American one with an adapter. I replaced it with one from the part car.

Finally the dash is lighting up.

The three plugs behind the cluster, as a reference:





No comments:

Post a Comment